1. Confidential information
Confidential information includes “personal information” referred to in the Personal Information Protection Act, and information on surviving individuals, including the name, date of birth, address, phone number, and information that can identify a specific individual by contact information or other description.
Confidential information includes “background information and character information”, and is designated as information other than that mentioned above, such as services used, goods purchased, webpages viewed, advertisements viewed, user’s keyword searches, dates and times of usage, means of usage, circumstances of usage, postal code, gender, age, user IP address, cookies, location information computer terminal identification information, etc.
2. Collection of Confidential information
Our Company may ask for personal information such as name, birthdate, address, phone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number upon user registration. Furthermore, information may be collected from Our Company’s business partners (information providers, advertising sponsors, advertising distributors, etc., referred to here forth as “Business Partners”) from transaction records between users and Business Partners that involve users’ personal information, as well as settlement information.
Our Company collects the following information regarding the User when said User uses a service provided by Our Company or its Business Partners, or when the User views Our Company webpage: services and software used, goods purchased, webpages viewed, advertisement history, keyword searches, date and time of usage, methods of usage, circumstances of use (this includes cellular service provider, type of information access device, and user settings), IP address, cookies, location, personal background and User identifying information.
3. The purpose of collecting/using Personal Information
Our Company collects and uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- For contacting or notifying the User through e-mail, sending the User merchandise or contacting the User when necessary, the User’s full name, address, and other contact information is collected.
- For confirming the User’s identity, full name, birthdate, address, phone number, bank account number, credit card number, driver’s license number, delivery confirmation and tracking information history is collected.
- For requesting payment from the User, name and quantity of items purchased, types of Services used and duration of use, frequency of use, amount of money requested, full name, address, bank account number, credit card number, and other payment information is collected.
- So that the User can input his data more easily, information is collected so that the information collected by Our Company will be displayed on the input screen, and so that information can be sent to other Services (including those supported by our Business Partners), based on the instruction of the User.
- For denying usage to Users who attempt to use the Services for illegal and unjust purposes, Users who violate the terms of usage of Services, and Users who incur damage and/or losses to third parties or delay payments, manner of usage, full name, address, and individual identifying information is collected.
- To respond to User inquiries, information that is necessary for Our Company to provide support to the User for registered services such as contents of inquiries and billing charge information, as well as the circumstances of Service usage and contact information of the User is collected.
- Any purpose attached to those mentioned above.
4. Furnishing of Personal Information to Third Parties
Our Company, apart from the following circumstances, does not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining prior consent from the User. However, this excludes cases permitted by the Personal Information Act and in which other laws are apply.
- Where it is mandated by law
- Where it is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or private property; and it is difficult to obtain consent from the User him/herself
- When it is necessary especially for the promotion of children’s wellbeing or for the improvement of public health; and it is difficult to obtain the permission of the User
- When it is necessary to cooperate in carrying out the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations by a national institution or a local public entity or a person entrusted with the agency; and when there is a possibility of hindering operations of the appropriate authorities to obtain permission from the User.
- When the following matters are being announced in advance:
- When purpose of usage involves provision to a third party
- Data items provided to third parties
- Means and measures of provision to third parties
- The suspension of furnishing personal information to a third party in accordance to request from the User
- Regardless of the provisions stated above, the following circumstances shall not apply to third parties
- The handling and management of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for Our Company to achieve its purpose of use.
- In the case of a merger or other reasons involving the succession or inheritance of operations.
- In the case when personal information is used jointly in collaboration with a specific person, and to that effect personal information that is used jointly in collaboration, the scope of the person with whom information is used jointly, the objective of those who are using the information, the management of the appropriate personal information and the name of the person responsible for it; and the User is notified in advance and in a way that is easily understood.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
Our Company will disclose a User’s personal information to his/her own self should the User him/herself requests for it to be disclosed. However, depending on the items to be disclosed, in any of the following cases, there may be all or parts of information we do not disclose, and in the case that we choose not to disclose that information, we will notify the User to that effect immediately. Furthermore, a 1000 yen handling fee will be charged per request for disclosure of personal information.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the User himself or a third party
- When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper operation of Our Company’s business
- In case of violating other laws and regulations
Regardless of the provisions set forth the preceding paragraph, in principle, information other than personal information such as personal history and information regarding personal character will not be disclosed.
6. Revision and Deletion of Personal Information
In the case where the User’s own personal information held by Our Company is inaccurate information, the User shall notify Our Company and is able to request the correction or deletion of said personal information.
In the event that Our Company receives a request from the User referred to in the preceding paragraph and judges that it is necessary to respond to the request, we will correct or delete the personal information in question without delay and notify the User of said changes.
7. Suspension of use of personal information, etc.
In the case that Our Company receives from the User a request to suspend or delete usage of personal information (hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use, etc.”) due to a claim that personal information has been handled beyond the range of purpose of use, or that the personal information has been acquired fraudulently, a necessary investigation will be made without delay, and the use of personal information, etc. will be suspended based on the results of that investigation and the User will be notified as such. However, in the case where the suspension of use of personal information incurs a large expense, or in other cases where it is difficult to suspend usage, and alternative measures can be taken in substitution to protect the rights and privileges of the User, Our Company will decide to take alternative measures.
The contents of this policy can change without notification to the User.
9. Inquiry Window
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact the us through the following form below.
- Address: Los Angeles
- Company Name: Saranimasu
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org